You will be part of a team of passionate traffic engineers active in traffic planning, traffic modelling and traffic control systems. As an expert, you will take part in multidisciplinary planning processes. You will view complex study assignments within an integrated team of spatial planners, designers and architects as a challenge. As a junior engineer you will work under the leadership of a project leader on a very broad spectrum of study assignments, such as infrastructure design, parking studies, accessibility analyses, mobility impact reports and environmental impact studies, public traffic studies and target outcome studies.
Your duties will initially include the following:
- You will work autonomously on various kinds of mobility studies.
- You will write reports and provide input for relevant illustrations and maps.
- You will attend meetings with customers and will present proposals and draft reports.
- You will take part in producing quotes (e.g. the methodology part).
- You will report to the project leader and will discuss subsequent steps.
- You will discuss with your colleagues the proposals developed in order to come up with better solutions.
- You will respect the quality guidelines applicable to the organisation and project: document registration, signatory powers, etc.
- You are preferably an (industrial) engineer, hold a bachelor's or master's degree, and have a strong interest in mobility and technical aspects in the field (e.g. road design, capacity calculations, operation of public transport, traffic safety, etc.).
- 1 to 2 years of experience is a plus, but not strictly necessary.
- You are keen to learn and proactive in the field.
- You take initiative and are well organised.
- You are flexible, customer-oriented and have a sense of responsibility.
- You are a team-worker.
- You speak fluent Dutch and French. You also have a good knowledge of English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting and varied job working for a company that cares about ensuring you enjoy a good work-life balance
- A stable work environment where professional growth and development are encouraged (via the Tractebel Engineering School, etc.).
- The opportunity to be involved in important national and international projects.
- An attractive salary accompanied by fringe benefits